Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Current Randomness & Blue Mirrors

For some reason my mind has been all over the place this week, and along with that comes a post full of current random obsessions and thoughts.

Pre-Fall Magenta & Black
Magenta -> a more fall-like version of pink as we transition into fall.  Of course it looks fabulous with black.  How much do we love this magenta ribbon belt to pull this look together?  This peplum top comes with a leopard print ribbon belt too which will be perfect for fall.

 White House Black Market Sleeveless Peplum Shell    Sale $39.99 (Reg. $88)

The Pre-Fall Coach Collection
The Madison Phoebe in Ocelot Print
Having previously managed a Coach retail store for a number of years, I will always have a love for Coach (not to mention an armoire filled with Coach bags and various accessories).  The fall handbags are always my favorites and this one caught my eye.

Coach Madison Phoebe in Ocelot Print   $358
Coach Barbie
Along with my Coach collection, I amassed a collection of designer Barbies over the years.  Why was this one not introduced years ago?!  Love it!



Blue Mirrors 
Many of you are familiar with the phrase "smoke and mirrors".  What about blue smoke and the resulting blue mirror effect? 

"You were busy looking into wide blue mirrors and lovin' the show" ~ Helen Reddy


"Mirrors and blue smoke, beautiful blue smoke rolling over the surface of highly polished mirrors.  If somebody tells you how to look, there can be seen in the smoke great, magnificent shapes, castles and kingdoms, and maybe they can be yours. The ability to create the illusion of power, to use mirrors and blue smoke, is one found in unusual people." ~ Jimmy Breslin

Beauty Obsession:  Philosophy's Time in a Bottle
The Philosophy rep at my local Sephora put together a two week sample of this new product for me to try.  It truly lives up to its name.  It's a DNA renewal product with a vitamin C activator.  Result in just two weeks (even after one application) = glowy skin!
Philosophy Time In A Bottle / Sephora  $74

Pre-Fall  J. Crew Cashmere
The perfect fall office and weekend piece.  Yes, it is an investment, but the ways to wear it are infinite.  (Note the magenta theme in this post).

J. Crew Collection Featherweight Cashmere Cardigan  $268

Congrats to CC on being the winner of my recent evande skincare giveaway!  Enjoy:)
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!
Cathy 


 

5 comments:

  1. Fun post, darling!
    I need that Barbie!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Cathy !:)

    How are You, after my break :) I post looks again ;)
    xoxo
    hypnotizingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello :) You've a really great blog! :) I love it :) I invite you to my blog :)
    xoxo, Vanessa :)

    http://mowminessa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! the Coach bag is amazing! I love it!
    Of course we can follow each other! I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin! I wait for you on http://breakfastwithpinkdiamonds.blogspot.com.es/ kisses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog, like the post :)
    Wanna follow each other? :)
    http://lovehearthug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete